All of our Afternoon Tea menu items are made fresh daily at the Mathis House. We are open Tuesday to Sunday from 11 to 4 pm.
Our best-selling Afternoon Tea service is served in five courses and tea service typically will be a two-hour experience served by our professional wait staff on delicate china.
The name of this Afternoon Tea is the Sir Mathis Thomas Full Afternoon Tea and the cost is $40.00 per person plus tax & gratuity. Vegetarian options and Gluten-Free ($10 up charge fee) Options are available. Reservations are recommended in advance for the full tea but walk-ins are acceptable if there are seats available.
The five-course Victorian Afternoon Tea includes:
- A warm cup of our home-made soup which are seasonally prepared
- A seasonal bowl of fresh salad
- Scone of the Day, served with clotted cream and lemon curd
- A plate of a variety of five traditional tea sandwiches and savories
- A full plate an assortment of finger-sized desserts
- A full Pot of Tea with over 80 gourmet varieties to choose from
The Mathis House was voted one of the best Tea Rooms in New Jersey. Attire may include your favorite Victorian outfit and hat! This is a one of a kind experience that has visitors from all over the country coming to enjoy the Mathis House.
For custom events and parties, please call the Innkeeper to plan your perfect tea party! To view our full tea menu, please click the box below.